A Mission Action Plan (MAP) is a prayerful process of looking, listening and reflection leading into planning and prioritising. As part of the process, we seek, with the Spirit’s guidance, to discern both a vision and a course of action.
We first put together our MAP for St Mary’s in 2012, holding a series of workshops at which parishioners were able to discuss what we do and what else we might do as a church. Each year, the United Church Council reviews the MAP and our priorities for the forthcoming twelve months.
- To be a spiritual, prayerful and dynamic church;
- To be a welcoming, inclusive and joyful church;
- To be a church serving the whole community.
We based our priorities and goals on the Diocese of St Albans initiative ‘Living God’s Love’ which has three strands:
- Going deeper into God: Develop a series of initiatives to assist our church to strengthen and deepen the faith and understanding of our congregation.
- Transforming communities: More actively support our neighbours, particularly the elderly and those with young families.
- Making new disciples: Offer events and activities to help attract and support newcomers.
“Serving the whole community”