We were delighted to be able to return to worship in church at the beginning of September. We are currently holding two public services of Holy Communion each week:
- Sundays at 10.00am
- Wednesdays at 10.00am
Things are a little different in the church but we hope you’ll become comfortable with the changes. All our plans are informed by national guidelines for COVID-19 safety and may be subject to change. As we move forward together in faith and hope, keeping everyone safe is at the forefront of everything we do.
We have published some guidelines to explain the new ways in which things will work:
Key things to note are:
- The number of people who can attend a service will be limited
- You will need to book a place for the service you wish to attend
- Social distancing must be observed at all times
- The wearing of face coverings is compulsory (unless you are exempt under UK Government guidelines)
- Hand sanitiser must be used
- Communion will be distributed in one kind (bread) only
- We will continue to livestream services (Sunday 10.00am services only initially)
Booking a place
The COVID-19 restrictions mean we have to limit the number of people attending services.
In order not to have to turn people away at the door, please book your place in advance via the Church Office on 01923 721002:
- Call the Church Office by noon on Thursday to book to attend on the following Sunday or Wednesday
- Please call the Church Office between 10.00am and 12 noon
- Bookings will only be taken over the phone: please do not leave a message and please do not email
- You will need to book each week; attendance will not be carried over
As numbers are limited, we ask that you book to attend only one service each week for now.
If you are unable to attend worship in the church, you may like to follow this Service of Spiritual Communion that was shared by the Methodist Church. We hope this will bring spiritual comfort when you are unable to receive Holy Communion in person.
Visiting St Mary’s for private prayer
The church will continue to be open for private prayer at designated times. From Sunday 6 September these will be:
- Sundays: 11.00am-2.00pm
- Wednesdays: 11.00am-2.00pm