A Mission Action Plan (MAP) is a prayerful process of looking, listening and reflection leading into planning and prioritising. As part of the process, we seek, with the Spirit’s guidance, to discern both a vision and a course of action.
We first put together our MAP for St Mary’s in 2012, holding a series of workshops at which parishioners were able to discuss what we do and what else we might do as a church. The Parochial Church Council regularly reviews the MAP and our priorities for the forthcoming twelve months.
- To be a spiritual, prayerful and dynamic church
- To be a welcoming, inclusive and accessible church
- To be a joyful church serving the whole community.
We have identified four key areas on which to focus:
- Engaging youth and children’s work
- Empowering and inspiring leadership
- Welcome and invitation
- Sound finances and teaching on generosity and giving
“Serving the whole community”